Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

The secret message of anemone



I don't know about you, but I've always been interested in the history of things and their hidden meanings...especially with flowers.  I'm loving anemones these days because they are simple and graceful.  They have such a pretty but not fussy disposition.  Anemone came from Greek and it means "daughter of the wind" or "windflower".  It sprung when goddess Venus sprinkled nectar upon her dead lover Adonis.  It is believed to bring luck and protect against evil.  I have heard that they close their petals when a storm is approaching.

Another mythology I love is that magical fairies sleep under anemones after they close their petals at night.  Anemones are also symbolic for anticipation of love.

Now, how can you not love anemones knowing the tales associated with them.








No comments:

Post a Comment